Full form of CDS and CDS full information
What is the full form of CDS?
The full form of CDS is “Combined Defense Services”. CDS Exam is an all India level exam which is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This exam is designed by the central government to allot jobs related to the Armed Forces of India.
Combined Defense Services exam is conducted for recruitment to Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officers Training Academy (OTA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Indian Air Force Academy (IAF). The minimum educational qualification required to appear in this exam is a graduation degree from a recognized university in India.
What is CDS?
The another full form of CDS is CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF. The CDS approves the creation of the Department of Military Affairs. The CDS is a four-star officer who acts as the Principal Military Adviser to the Defense Minister on matters of all three military services. The CDS implements the Defense Capital Acquisition Plan and two-year continuous annual acquisition plans.
Also Read: What is First Come First Served (FCFS)
How to become CDS officer
- Candidates who qualify the written test are shortlisted for an interview by a Services Selection Board (SSB) which evaluates the candidate’s suitability for careers in the Indian Armed Forces.
- SSB Interview lasts for about couple of days, during this process a candidate undergoes several physical, psychological and group tests to find out whether he/she is eligible to become an officer or not.
- Apart from the SSB interview, Air Force Academy (IAF) candidates who have applied for the Air Force are attend and complete the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).
- After these tests, candidates next go to medical tests before being starting to their respective academies and after with out fail to complete of training, they are become into the Armed Forces.
Eligibility criteria for CDS
- You must be a citizen of India,
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA), the student is required to complete a degree from any recognized university.
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA), the student must have a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- For Air Force Academy, the student must have completed a degree from any recognized university.
- In addition, Physics and Mathematics are required subjects in the 12th branch of science.
- Officer Training Academy (OTA) requires graduate education from any recognized university.
Age limit for CDS exam
- Before applying for the CDS exam, you need to consider the age limit for the CDS exam.
- Applicants for the Indian Military Academy (IMA) must be between 19 and 24 years of age.
- Applicants for Indian Naval Academy (INA) must be between 19 and 24 years of age.
- Applicants for Air Force Academy of India should be between 19 and 24 years of age.
- Applicants for Officer Training Academy (OTA) must be between 19 and 25 years of age.
Physical Eligibility for CDS Exam
Physical Eligibility for CDS Exam To be successful, the applicant must be physically and mentally fit. It should also be suitable for eye weight and height.
Structure of cds exam
- The CDS exam usually consists of two stages, the first is the written exam and the second is the interview.
- The written test is two hours long and consists of three papers.
- These include English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- Each paper is for 100 marks.
- Candidates who have passed the written test are called for interview.
- students who succeed in the interview are called for the academy.
Other full forms of CDS with different Category
- Combined Defense Services -Entrance Exam
- Credit Default Swap -Banking
- Caller Display Signaling -Computer and Networking
- Coordinated Data System -Networking
- CHANDISAR -Indian Railway Station
- Correlated Double Sampling -Electronics
- Command and Data System- Space Science
- Coronal Diagnostic Spectrometer-Space Science
- Central Data System- Space Science
- Closeout Door System -Space Science
- Collision Detector System- Space Science
- Control Data System -Space Science
- Cadmium Sulfide Chemical -Formula
- Continuous Deflective Separation -Job Title
- Childress (tx) -Airport Code
- Central Data Subsystem -Computer Hardware
- Central Disk Space- Computer Hardware
- Central Difference Scheme -Maths
- Continuous Deflection Separation -Physics Related
- Cul De Sac -Real Estate
- Canadian Depository for Securities, Ltd. -Stock Exchange
- Central Depository System -Stock Exchange
- California Dressage Society -Sports
- Compact Digital Switch -Military and Defense
- Cubic Defense Systems -Military and Defense
- Container Delivery System -Military and Defense
- Corps Dressing Station-Military and Defense
- Control Display System -Military and Defense
- Code Substitution Simultaneous- Military and Defense
- Chief of Defense Staff -Military and Defense
Also Read: What is an electronic signature
Don’t miss another popular full forms
BHMS Full Form
Full Form of AD and BC
WWW Full Form
ATM Full Form
PUC full form
NDA full form
Full form of CDS
Full Form of IP
Full form of CC BCC
CID Full Form
APBS Full Form
Full form of ICT
CDPO Full Form
full form of DRS
CPU Full Form
full form of EVS
full form of NCB
BFF Full Form
full form of MLC
CD Full Form
LLB Full Form
Full Form of CO
Full Form of LMV
MCWG Full Form
BTS full form