What is the full form of NCB and it’s functions
What is the full form of NCB?
NCB FULL FORM = NARCOTICS CONTROL BUREAU
NCB is often shown in the news channel and the news related to NCB keeps getting published in the news paper every day. But do you know about it? Because most of the people have heard its name but do not know about what it is, what would be their work etc. If you also do not know about NCB and you want to know about it, then definitely read this post completely.
In simple words – Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is the intelligence investigation agency of India, which takes action against illegal smuggling of drugs, drug traffickers in India and works to stop them. It plays its important role to save our country from drugs like drugs and works to eliminate it completely.
What is NCB?
NCB is an intelligence agency of India. It is India’s nodal drug law enforcement agency which is the main government agency to prevent illegal substances and drug trafficking. Its Director General is an officer of the Indian Police Service or the Indian Revenue Service.
The full form of NCB is NARCOTICS CONTROL BUREAU. It is called Narcotics Control Bureau. The Narcotics Control Bureau was created in March 1986 in terms of Section 4(3) of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
Also Read: What is the Blue Ocean Strategy
The main functions of the Narcotics Control Bureau
The main function of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) is to prevent and eliminate drug trafficking at the national level. The NCB provides help with drugs law enforcement efforts in the state. Along with this, this international agency works to build good mutual relations with INCB, INTERPOL etc. Apart from this, NCB also performs many types of work.
- To stop drug trafficking at the national level in India.
- It works in collaboration with GST, state police department, central bureau ,Central Economic Intelligence Bureau, Other Indian Intelligence Agencies
- Other Indian intelligence and law enforcement at both national and state levels
- To provide resources and training to employees and officers working in drug law enforcement agencies.
- NCB keeps an eye on the international border of India where there is a possibility of smuggling from abroad.
- To establish coordination between the central and state agencies working in the enforcement of drug laws.
- To assist the states in drug law enforcement efforts.
- Collecting intelligence information and exchanging them to the concerned departments.
- To establish liaison with international agencies like INTERPOL, UNDCP, INCB, Customs Coordination Council, RILO etc.
Formation of NCB
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) was constituted in 1986 under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act 1985 . NCB is affiliated to the Ministry of Home Affairs. Presently the headquarter of NCB is located in New Delhi, India. Apart from this, its field units and offices are located at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Indore, Bangalore, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Jodhpur, Jammu, Patna, Ahmedabad.
All the officers working in NCB are selected from Indian Revenue Service, Indian Police Service, Paramilitary Forces. The Director General of the NCB is an officer of the Indian Police Service (IPS) or the Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
Other full forms of NCB with different category
- National Codification Bureau-Organization
- Never Come Back-Messaging
- National Cooperative Bank-Banking
- North Central Branch-Organization
- No Claim Bonus-Finance
- National Commercial Bank-Banking
- Naval Construction Brigade-Transport
Also Read: What is Quora?
Don’t miss another popular full forms
BHMS Full Form
Full Form of AD and BC
WWW Full Form
ATM Full Form
PUC full form
NDA full form
Full form of CDS
Full Form of IP
Full form of CC BCC
CID Full Form
APBS Full Form
Full form of ICT
CDPO Full Form
full form of DRS
CPU Full Form
full form of EVS
full form of NCB
BFF Full Form
full form of MLC
CD Full Form
LLB Full Form
Full Form of CO
Full Form of LMV
MCWG Full Form
BTS full form