How to Find and Delete Duplicate photos on Mac – 3 Easy Ways
When you try to upload your photos, you’re greeted with the “Startup Disk is almost full” prompt, which might ruin the fun of taking your most productive photo session yet. Due to the personal nature of the task, you’ll need to carve out some time for yourself to methodically remove duplicate photographs from the photos app on macOS, making sure you don’t lose any crucial ones.
Continue reading to learn how to delete duplicate photos on macOS.
How Duplicate Photos Land On A Mac?
Duplicate images can be made in a variety of ways, including:
- Photos from mobile phones and cameras can be imported.
- I duplicated a photo by accident.
- The same image was saved numerous times.
- Duplicate photographs use up valuable storage space. It is suggested that you remove them from your computer. To find out how to go to the next step.
How to Find and Delete All Duplicate Photos on a Mac in a Flash?
Duplicate Photos Fixer, one of the top duplicate photo finders, is the quickest way to detect and remove duplicate photos on Mac. It allows you to search for duplicate photographs in the Photos app as well as in all of your Mac’s folders.
Other than using the best duplicate photo remover tool, one can also use manual methods like deleting duplicate images on Mac using the Photos app or using Finder.
How to Identify and Remove Duplicates in the Photos App Manually?
When you import photos into the Photos App, it will automatically recognize duplicates. However, if the photographs are already in your Photo Library, you can delete them manually with the Photos App.
- To begin, open the Photo App.
- Select New Smart Album from the File menu.
- Name your Smart Album and define filter criteria in the new window.
- Choose the photographs you wish to delete, right-click one, and then select Delete.
- Click the Delete button after you’ve confirmed your deletion.
- Click Recently Deleted > Delete All in the app’s sidebar.
Also Read: Guide to Uninstall Apps Completely on Mac
How to Use Finder to Find and Delete Duplicate Photos on a Mac?
Finder has a tool that allows you to find duplicate photographs on your Mac. The New Smart Folder is all you’ll need. The steps are as follows:
- Open Finder and go to File > New Smart Folder.
- Create a New Smart Folder.
- Below the search field, click the Plus button.
- The Smart Folder Window has been updated.
- Choose Kind in the first drop-down menu and Image in the second.
- Duplicate Photo Finder for Mac Making Use of Finder
- The files in the list should be sorted by name. Duplicate photographs are sometimes given the same name and should be placed next to one another.
- Move the files you want to get rid of to the Trash folder.
- The trash should be emptied.
What Is The Best Way To Find And Delete Duplicate Photos?
Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro is the correct solution if you just want to bypass all the manual effort and are looking for the best duplicate photo removal application for Mac. Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro is the best tool for finding and removing duplicate photos on a Mac.
This professional duplicate photo cleaner, created by Systweak, accurately recognizes both duplicate and similar-looking photos and easily optimizes the pictures. It comes with an easy-to-use interface that can be used by anyone.
The Advantages of Using Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro:
If you are still confused about which tool you can use, install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro without any delay, the reasons listed below will undoubtedly persuade you to do so. The following are some of the reasons why one may consider using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro on your Mac:
- Easily free up a lot of space on your Mac by deleting duplicate photos
- To search for duplicate photographs on your Mac’s hard disc, external storage, and even your Photos album.
- Find duplicates in many picture backups quickly and easily, and get rid of the clutter.
- To locate duplicate or almost similar photographs.
- Identify and delete duplicate and similar photos quickly.
- All popular image formats are supported.
- Provides the option to exclude folders.
- It’s possible to scan both external and internal storage.
- To discover duplicate photos, different scanning modes are used.
- To rapidly check for duplicates, use the auto-mark option.
How To Use Duplicate Photos Fixer To Delete Duplicate Images On Mac?
Using this amazing duplicate photo finder tool is very easy. To delete duplicate images follow the steps below:
- Make sure you’re running MacOS 10.7 or above and a 64-bit processor.
- On your Mac, install and run Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.
- Drag & drop individual photographs, folders from discs, or folders from iPhoto (Now Photos library) or select one of the alternatives given in the snapshot below.
- Select images based on creation, capture, etc when they were captured by checking the Scan all images box or selecting photos based on creation, capture, or import date or time when they were captured by selecting images based on creation, capture, or import date or time
- Decide on your criteria for matching.
- Select Scan for Duplicates
- You should now be able to see all of the duplicates. You can also examine the meta-data of the scanned duplicates on the right side.
- You can make use of the Auto Mark present on the top of the program screen, to automatically mark the duplicate photos detected by the program. You can also adjust the auto-marking priority through the Settings, which you can get by going to Duplicate Photos Fixer > Preferences (near the top of the screen).
- When you’re sure you want to remove a photograph, click the Trash Marked button.
Wasn’t that easy, if your Mac is cluttered with duplicate images, you should definitely try out either the manual methods mentioned above to declutter your Mac, or can trust the best duplicate photo remover tool name Duplicate Photos Fixer and sit back and relax.
Also Read: What is file ///sdcard/