Prioritizing High-Quality Content Will Change Your Business
Develop a clear vision for your content
Whenever you are writing about any topic, whether it’s product information or how to use a product, make sure that you know what you are trying to achieve. It may sound simple, but giving yourself a purpose helps you focus your content creation skills.
- Also, having a defined goal gives you clarity of the message and sets expectations for quality. People who write for fun, without a specific mission, often create bland content with low value.
- Finally, telling people what you want them to do is more persuasive than simply saying there will be money in it for them.
- The easiest way to add value to your content is by sharing tips and things that cost money. You can also choose to share personal stories as long as they relate to the topic at hand.
- And lastly, don’t forget to offer advice and helpful guidance. These help shape perception and are very effective tools for drawing in readers and clients.
Focus on answering the questions of your current customers
- There are always hundreds of things going on at once. You could spend days trying to answer every question that you’re asked about your business.
- That is why it is important to focus on creating high-quality content for your customers.
- You can do this by providing great products and services, or by adding interesting features to your website. People want to know who you are and what you offer them.
- High-quality content will help people learn more about your business and make them feel more comfortable giving you their money. Content is something they have control over so it helps builds trust.
Provide helpful tips and anecdotes for your audience
- It’s hard to write good content every day without being self-serving, so prioritize quality over frequency.
- Your readers will remember you more positively if you provide them with useful information
- They’ll think of you as someone honest, forthright, and most importantly, knowledgeable.
- Writers tend to do what they enjoy, which includes educating others about their area of expertise. You can also offer advice but only in your field or above your head, which limits how many people could potentially read your articles.
- Educating others is an awesome responsibility that comes with authority. Only share things that have value to those listening/reading and that you are confident in.
Put effort into writing posts that aren’t just rehashing the same info and also learn how to create a Wikipedia page. Add a personal touch where possible by embedding photos, videos, or music. Be consistent, but make updates monthly–this allows for continuity throughout the year and makes resources easier to find.
Provide easy ways to get directly in touch with your customers
Marketing is about more than just branding or advertising. It’s also about reaching out and interacting with consumers as often as possible. At its core, marketing is simply providing people with ideas on how they can use your products to achieve their goals.
It’s kind of like cooking – you provide them with the things needed to make food happen.
Some examples of feeding people are giving them advice or telling them what to expect (this is similar to public relations), but not being involved in the decision-making process regarding whether or not they should eat the meal (hence the name “marketing”).
You can still be involved in the decision-making process by offering suggestions, though you shouldn’t push anyone to do anything they don’t want to do. This is related to copyright laws and is illegal.
Also, everyone has different levels of priority that need to be handled separately. Trying to handle every single one of your customer’s requests at once will hurt you pretty quickly – find the most important ones and focus on those.
Use of quizzes and surveys in your content
Another fun way to add variety to your content is by using assessments, also called quiz items or survey questions. You can ask students to do this directly in their inbox, or you can create separate files for them.
There are plenty of free online tools you can use to build test versions of courses. For instance, there’s an app called Survey Monkey that comes with hundreds of pre-made question types.
By doing this, you will be able to quickly implement different assessment ideas without much effort.
Use of video content
The use of videos in marketing has become increasingly popular, with videos produced to promote or sell a product or service, but also used as educational tools to ‘tell stories
~Video is worth thousands of words.
- There are several examples of using videos in marketing strategies, such as presenting new products, telling stories, giving speeches, showing customers how your product works, etc.
- Consider creating personalized videos for special events like birthdays and holidays. This way you can connect more deeply with your audience.
- And by having individual videos, you can provide additional information about each topic.
- Be careful not to over-market all topics through heavily scripted videos. People may start looking for other types of videos (such as sales presentations).
- Furthermore, videos that have voiceover parts need extra attention. A lot of time is spent developing audio scripts and then producing the videos. With no visuals, people may grow disinterested rather quickly.
- Introducing visual elements into the videos can help them be more interesting. For instance, adding screenshots from computers’ laptops show how easy it is to change settings.
- Face painting, colorful costumes, or animations contribute to visible quality. Team up with professionals who are experienced at making low-cost graphics.
- They will usually do the initial layout and design for a good price, after which you take it further forward.
Focus on creating informative content
People don’t spend time reading about how great you are, what you have to offer them, or your business generally – they want the information to answer their questions or help them get better, faster.
- If you talk about money or quick fixes to problems or struggles that people face, you’ll likely lose them as customers.
- People love sharing stories of success, amazement, and gratitude. It feels good and it makes you feel cool, so keep this in mind when writing articles and promoting videos.
- And remember, before anything gets published, there had to be a testing phase where those papers were tested together with data from multiple studies for reliability.
This is still important today; if something works, do it consistently. What worked yesterday will not work tomorrow. And try to test things out on a small group of people first to make sure it is well received.
Provide easy reading content
In today’s age of online reading, people are hungry for information. People want to read but don’t have enough time in their day to do so. You can help them out by providing quick reads that give them some value over a short period. You can make it a goal to put up one full article each week.
- This will not only allow you to write more articles but also ensure they reach the top of the search results. After writing an article, check to see if it has made it to the top of the results.
- If it hasn’t, then consider promoting it yourself. Just making an article makes a difference, and your efforts won’t be wasted.
- Furthermore, there is no better way to promote what your website offers than giving it more exposure. Create helpful guides that stick with facts and little else.
- Your readers (and visitors) will appreciate this fact: quality + quantity = success.
- There’s a reason you’re considered “the expert” at something. Other writers or bloggers take the time to discuss how many books you should read, how much software you need, or which recipes are good for you.
They teach others about being knowledgeable through words. Writing isn’t always talking – though speaking is a skill too. While blogs are popular, we often hear about companies who sup that social
Use of color and graphics
More and more businesses are turning to video content to promote their products and services. When creating videos, it’s important to have a high-quality video that is full of relevant information. You don’t want people watching videos that are glitch or hard to watch. All your work could be wasted as people do not take the time to read about your business or its offers.
- The use of audio is also an emerging trend. People today understand sound bites much better than they understand paragraphs.
- With sound bites, you need to ensure that the message you are sending is clear and there is nothing wordy or confusing about them.
- Also, using fewer words will make your message less wordy and thus clearer. People can get bored easily when reading longer texts.
Lastly, the use of pictures has become very popular over the past few years. Even if you are on a pretty busy schedule, try going without text images for a while. That way you can keep up with new trends in your industry.
Also Read: What is content://com.android.browser.home/